As part of our continuing commitment to the environment, Hotel La Rose has unveiled the following Green Initiatives:
- We took a historic building and "recycled" it as a gorgeous hotel instead of tearing it down.
- We recycle paper, glass, plastic and aluminum.
- We use recycled paper products.
- We use battery-operated candles, which protects the ozone layer.
- Products are purchased locally whenever possible, so we are supporting local businesses and reducing the use of gas and other wastes involved with shipping.
- The bricks used in the Main Building were made from the stones on Annadel State Quarry.
- We recycle batteries.
- We recycle light bulbs, and in 2009 had an energy efficient retro-fit with new low-energy light bulbs installed.
- We recycle computer parts and printer cartridges.
- We use environmentally friendly chemicals on property.
- We promote water conservation.